Urban Greenfield understand and respect that protection of your personal information is important and are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and, in particular, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Under the Privacy Act, personal information is broadly defined. In simple terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, employment/occupation and financial information.
How is personal information collected?
Urban Greenfield will collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates whenever practicable. This may be done verbally (eg. in person or over the telephone), in writing (eg. by letter, fax, email, application or contracting with us) or through contact via our website, articles, social media and subscriptions.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities;
• your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
• your employer; and
• publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
Each time you visit our website our server collects some anonymous information, including but not limited to the type of browser and system you are using, the address of the website you have come from and move to after you visit, the date and time of your visit and your servers location and IP address. We collect this information for statistical purposes to assess how our website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, the most popular session times. We use this information to evaluate and improve the website’s performance.
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. Most web browsers allow you to control whether to accept Cookies. Unless you elect not to accept Cookies on your browser, the Urban Greenfield website will automatically place a Cookie on your computer to enable you to make full use of our website’s functionality. This also enables us to recognise your computer and to keep track of your activity on our website for a period of time. It’s important to note that our cookies do not collect personal information.
Urban Greenfield acknowledges that you may click through to third party websites from our website and recommend that you refer to the privacy statements of the sites you visit. Urban Greenfield assumes no responsibility for the information and content of third party websites.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
You have the option of not identifying yourself unless by law you are required to do so, or it is impracticable not to.
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, it may seriously impact our ability to provide you with the requested products or services, either to the same standard, or not at all. In addition we may be unable to tailor the content of our website and it’s information to your preferences.
Should unsolicited personal information be collected Urban Greenfield will destroy the information and ensure that the information is de-identified.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:-
• to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
• to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation and functions of the website;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of
Urban Greenfield, its related, contractors and service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to our related contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. Where we disclose personal information to another party, we will require the third party to use the personal information only for the specific purposes for which we supply the information.
How to opt out
If you do not wish to receive any further printed information from Urban Greenfield, you can contact the person named on the last printed information you received from Urban Greenfield. Alternatively, if receiving emails from Urban Greenfield, you will have the option to unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the directions in our emails.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Personal information received by Urban Greenfield is held securely with the strictest confidence, either in electronic files on Urban Greenfield’s computer systems or in physical files held on Urban Greenfield premises. Urban Greenfield has technological and operational processes and procedures in place to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below for Privacy Officer). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed on our website. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, contractors, and service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may disclose personal information to our third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
• our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various countries; and
• other third parties located in various foreign countries.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
How to get more information or make a complaint
Please direct any questions about this policy or complaints about a breach of privacy by Urban Greenfield to Urban Greenfield’s Privacy Officer who can be contacted on:
By telephone: 1300 732 587 or 1300 REAL URBAN
By letter to: The Privacy Officer, Urban Greenfield, Level 5, Nexus Norwest, 4 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
By email: [email protected]