IPART has completed the much anticipated assessment of Hawkesbury City Council’s Vineyard Precinct Section 7.11 Draft Contributions Plan (Vineyard CP) and if you’re a developer or landowner, here’s a summary of what you need to know.
What does this mean for development in The Vineyard Precinct moving forward?
- Up until now Hawkesbury City Council have not been able to determine any development applications until a section 7.11 plan is in effect.
- IPART’s assessment will be provided to the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces and the Minister will advise the council which of IPART’s recommendations it must address.
- Written comment on the document including any submissions can be made to IPART prior to 28 June 2019.
What are some of the recommendations?
- Reduce the total cost of land, works and administration in the plan, from $165,272,444 to $129,796,778. This equates to a decrease in total costs of 21.5% relative to the draft plan submitted by the council.
- Reduce the cost of residential contribution rates by -$15,353 for R2 Low density residential development and by -$11,763 for R3 Medium density residential development.
Contact the team at Urban Greenfield on 1300 732 587 to find out more on our exclusively listed greenfield development opportunities in the Vineyard Precinct.